How to concentrate on your homework
In the contemporary world, there are many distractors to finishing scheduled tasks. On this front, technology has received a fair share of the blame, but it is not technology alone.
Reasons why students get distracted
The current crop of students is experiencing a lot of work for their academics, and technology devices are taking a good chunk of time. Some students get motivated to make friends and socialize but are limited by available time. Therefore, before they settle down to do homework assignments, they have to contend with stress and worries in their minds rather than engaging in constructive learning activities.
Guidelines that can help to concentrate on homework
- 1.Avoid attempting homework assignments the moment you arrive from school. Have rest and take a snack, because a dizzy and hungry student will not be able to pay attention to tasks. Make it a habit that when you arrive, change clothes to comfortable and cozy ones, take a snack, and rest.
- 2. Eliminate distractors before embarking on say history and math assignment tasks. For instance, avoid watching TV episodes to relax since you are watching the entire night. Take light meals before you start your assignments tasks since it will make you feel sleepy.
- 3. Let those around you know the time you have set for your studies. You can easily focus on your work in a private and quiet environment. A place devoid of distraction is a fertile ground for focused concentration. Requests parents and friends to leave you alone on your scheduled times so that you concentrate.
- 4. Organize you occupy common space for a few hours of study. Convenient places are necessary for you to focus on your homework assignments. When you gather courage and the necessary resources and materials such as textbooks, notebooks, and pens with enough air and light, you will gather enough motivation to focus on homework tasks.
- 5. Prepare a plan for the study that helps finish the tasks effortlessly. The tasks that are too complex and scaring decompose it into small and manageable parts that can get solved easily. Begin with the parts that look complex when you have energy and fortitude and finish with the simple and easy ones last.
- 6. Set your deadlines that are ahead of the official deadlines. It is important so that you have a humble time to cross-check your work before you submit. Even with a lot of lead-time, you can get lost and waste time in the cause of the day’s activities, so set shorter deadlines and have reminders.
- 7. Reward yourself for each finished assignment tasks or section of the more significant project. An incentive is strongly motivated to enable you to beat deadlines. The reward can be some relaxation on the couch or some crunchy snack. Rewards tend to stimulate one to stay focused.
- 8. Mix subjects to refresh your attention and mind. Alternating activities is a positive distraction. For example, you can put aside a mathematics assignment and read geography for a few minutes then change back to math. While you switch subjects, do not be carried away and abandon the initial subject.
- 9. Attempt to listen to some background music so that you work better. It helps some people who might not stay focused on absolute silence. You can listen to meditation music, instrumental, or light jazz so long as it gets you in a productive mood. However, remember to have a low volume so that you can concentrate.
- 10. Take regular breaks for your brain. Fatigue and boredom are enemies of working enthusiasm and sober mind. It is only robots which can work without breaks. As human beings, we require to relax our brains and muscles. A break of about 10 minutes after concentrating for a one-hour ideal, then return to what you were working on previously.